recent posts
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
Subject   (new thread)
Message
File  []
close
75361046_1142019246176561_6295553856987546774_n.jpg
658906589065890
>> No. 65890 Ambulancelad
1st July 2020
Wednesday 9:07 am
/iq/65890 spacer

1 post and 1 image omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 65892 Billbob
1st July 2020
Wednesday 9:14 am
65892 spacer
>facebook filenames

Lad.
>> No. 65893 Anonymous
1st July 2020
Wednesday 9:22 am
65893 spacer

104867347_3010327775752552_3972487018209018449_n.png
658936589365893
>>65892
I am collating them.
>> No. 65896 Billbob
1st July 2020
Wednesday 9:33 am
65896 spacer

facebook1streponse.jpg
658966589665896
There's a reason I deleted Facebook. Why are you bringing it here?
>> No. 65898 Auntiefucker
1st July 2020
Wednesday 9:36 am
65898 spacer
>>65896
Because it's the epitome of /iq/.
>> No. 65901 R4GE
1st July 2020
Wednesday 12:19 pm
65901 spacer

everyminionmeme.jpg
659016590165901
I'm quite fond of equally insane anti-vax memes from the platform.

whiteline

working-with-millennials-keeping-them-happy-in-you.jpg
261712617126171
>> No. 26171 Anonymous
28th June 2020
Sunday 8:02 pm
/news/26171 spacer
Millennials throw away 633 meals a year because they don't know how to reheat leftovers

Millennials throw away 633 meals a year because they don't know how to reheat leftovers. Those who took part in the poll said they would rather bin food than re-heat it, admitting good food is going to waste.

Researchers found the amount of food millenials confessed to throwing away adds up to more than 1,700lbs. The poll, conducted by cookware brand Pyrex, found millennials - aged 18 to 34 - waste more than three times as much as people aged above 34 who throw out the equivalent of just 186 plates of a food a year - 225 kilograms or 493 lbs. And the millennial food waste mountain is more than double the average food waste in the UK of 300 plates of food - just over 800 lbs per household.

Almost a quarter of millennials (23%) admitted they do not know how to deal with leftovers. By comparison just six per cent of people aged over 55 said they did not know what to do with leftover food.

A further 18 per cent of millennials said they eat out instead of eating the food they have at home leading to even more waste. Just four per cent of those aged over 55 said the same.

A fifth of millennials (21%) said they create yet more waste because they get bored eating what they already have at home compared to just seven per cent of those aged over 55. One of the other main reasons good food is thrown out is because 38 per cent of people fear they will get sick if they eat it after its 'best by' date.


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8468257/Millennials-throw-away-633-meals-year-dont-know-reheat-leftovers-poll-finds.html

Millennials!
74 posts and 4 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 26287 Anonymous
1st July 2020
Wednesday 11:06 am
26287 spacer
>>26280

Almost as if the one thing that needs to change is the one thing none of them want to confront changing. It's the economy stupid! /smugface

As for defunding the police, i really struggle to understand why people haven't thought more than two minutes into it. I obviously hate the pigs, as a yoof who grew up transporting quantities of drugs around in my car that would have had me banged up. But it has to be acknowledged that reducing police presence, in absence of any other social change mechanism, impacts poor communities disproportionately.

In other words, we can't get rid of the police until we have taken care of poverty. But it is, as usual, my speculation that by the time we've got rid of the poverty we might just find that we never needed to, and we had our priorities confused; almost as if some higher power was deliberately misdirecting us.
>> No. 26288 Anonymous
1st July 2020
Wednesday 11:21 am
26288 spacer
>>26287

Defunding the police is really more apt for america, where officers commonly have million dollar pensions, top of the line guns, armour, and vehicles, and tiny rural town police forces end up with ex-military tanks, and overtime pay that encourages actively seeking an arrest, any arrest, ten minutes before your shift ends so you can make four or five hours double time booking the perp.

In the UK our police aren't quite as well funded, so it makes less sense, though I would argue that, in the case of my local police force at least, they probably don't need eight brand new unmarked BMW X7s and the loss of them wouldn't particularly put impoverished areas at any greater risk.
>> No. 26289 Anonymous
1st July 2020
Wednesday 11:29 am
26289 spacer
>>26288

Even then, I'd say it's not that they're getting too much funding, just that we're letting them spend it on the wrong things. Maybe they don't need flashy cars, but by the same I don't see how stopping them having flashy cars would meaningfully prevent them abusing their power. They'd just be abusing their power while driving an Astra.

What needs to be done is redirecting their funding into more de-escalation and non-violent conflict resolution training. In the case of American coppers especially, even just sending them on something like the SIA badge course our JobCentre sends people on would probably give them better de-escalation skills.
>> No. 26291 Anonymous
1st July 2020
Wednesday 12:08 pm
26291 spacer
>>26289
The whole system of US policing trains and selects for sociopathic behaviour, sending them on a de-escalation course won't cut it. The idea is to replace them in the 90% of situations they respond to where they'd be better off acting as a counsellor or social worker with an actual counselor or social worker. See this article https://medium.com/@OfcrACab/confessions-of-a-former-bastard-cop-bb14d17bc759
>> No. 26293 Anonymous
1st July 2020
Wednesday 12:14 pm
26293 spacer

'06_Proton_Impian_1.6_GLS_Humberside_Police_(.jpg
262932629326293
>>26289
Humberside Feds had the best squad cars.

whiteline

1360509597290.gif
242912429124291
>> No. 24291 Fairy
1st July 2020
Wednesday 7:59 am
/zoo/24291 spacer
Greetings from the Nichan, my foreign friends!
Welcome to the our /int/:
https://nichan.net/int/
Expand all images.
>> No. 24292 Fairy
1st July 2020
Wednesday 10:21 am
24292 spacer
>>24291
Thank you.

whiteline

liverpoolfans.jpg
895989598959
>> No. 8959 Anonymous
25th June 2020
Thursday 10:41 pm
/spo/8959 Liverpool are Champions
Klippety Klopp has done it, on account of Man City under baldy boy Guardiola failing to get 3 points from Chelsea.
30 years since their last top flight title, first Premier League title? It's a massive shame they couldn't do it back when they had a proper flair player like Djibril Cissé.
3 posts omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 8963 Anonymous
27th June 2020
Saturday 10:07 pm
8963 spacer
>>8962
Yeah, I'm likely in a minority but I prefer hearing the ball being struck and managers having a good shout. At least that's novel, the fake crowd noise feels exactly that, fake.
>> No. 8964 Anonymous
27th June 2020
Saturday 11:26 pm
8964 spacer
>>8963

Another thing that's missing is the occasional "COME ON YOU TWAT" or similar from someone in the first row.
>> No. 8965 Anonymous
28th June 2020
Sunday 12:43 am
8965 spacer
>>8964
Perhaps they could let ten or so fans into the whole stadium just for that.
>> No. 8966 Anonymous
28th June 2020
Sunday 10:03 am
8966 spacer
>>8965
My favourite exercise is winding players up as they take corners, nowt offensive or owt, just stuff like me saying their name in an annoying way a couple of times, then saying their mum's on the phone and wants to know if [insert player name here] wants turkey twizzlers or margherita pizza for tea.

It all adds to the experience and entertainment factor.
>> No. 8967 Anonymous
29th June 2020
Monday 10:13 pm
8967 spacer
>>8964
Sometimes you can hear the players now.

https://twitter.com/EmptySerieA/status/1277357371782828036

whiteline

download.jpg
298022980229802
>> No. 29802 Anonymous
23rd June 2020
Tuesday 12:55 pm
/emo/29802 Therapy, again
I know that there is at least one psychotherapist reading this. I have spent the last years trying in vain to get some decent therapy. I have some serious issue and need somebody that would dig into the deep recesses of my mind, figure out what the fuck is wrong with me, and confront it until I can be well again. Now when I tell a therapist about my problems the only response is "well I'm sorry you feel that way, have you thought about getting a hobby or trying some relaxation meditation?" The therapists I have seen can only repeat what is written on the NHS website verbatim. No one of them seemed able to understand what I was saying and give a meaningful advice, it was just parroting those vapid and shallow self-help tips of that website.

Is there any way to get decent mental healthcare in UK without spending 90 quids at hour?
Expand all images.
>> No. 29804 Anonymous
23rd June 2020
Tuesday 5:53 pm
29804 spacer

holy-shit-stop-scrolling-so-fast-optical-illusion-.jpg
298042980429804
This is something I've wondered about for a long time - much so infact that I've even considered learning tarot cards for myself - in the sense that you observe your reaction and thought process to the ideas proposed by a random card spread, rather than fortune reading. It seems like the kind of thing that'll be vulnerable to bias and feedback loops, though maybe you could counter these with meditation, I don't know.
I recognise that's is pretty woo, but whatever - atleast you could have a little laugh and forget about working on your problems for a moment.

I've found my deep seated confusions to calm considerably when i've spent months about the country side - having their buzz reduced helps you notice 'your self' that much better. Delve into those confusions and don't stop at the first convenient answer; try to link what comes up with childhood memories; seek to refute rather than confirm; etc. After a while you might get to notice that little twitch you make that indicative of decipt or discomfort - so you've found a vulnerability worth investigation. Again there's the bias but you can recognise a good deal of yourself by doing stuff like this.

It all does feel dismissive - essentially entertain yourself until death so you don't have to stare the abyss that appears as a human soul (or some shit). It's really a spiritual matter which our culture has yet to to address (or done so poorly with christianity?).

I'm going all over the place here.
>> No. 29806 Anonymous
23rd June 2020
Tuesday 7:05 pm
29806 spacer
>>29804

Mate, how stoned/drunk are you?
>> No. 29814 Anonymous
29th June 2020
Monday 9:18 pm
29814 spacer
Have you thought about dosing on LSD and joining a cult?

whiteline

24719-man-woman-office-working-trending.jpg
134441344413444
>> No. 13444 Anonymous
29th June 2020
Monday 4:03 pm
/job/13444 spacer
Not sure if more suited for /job/ or /emo/ but here goes.

I've noticed a girl that 'ghosted' me off a dating app has applied for a job I'm recruiting for, which would make me her line manager.

Her application is actually pretty good but I'm worried it might be awkward if she knows I fancy her.

For context, we arranged to meet up and swapped numbers just before the pandemic, but then she tried to reschedule and never replied to my response suggesting another day.

I'm tempted to text her letting her know that she's applied for a job I'm hiring for, but I'm worried that this would be inappropriate and could get me in trouble.

What's a guy supposed to do in a situation like this?
1 post omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 13446 Anonymous
29th June 2020
Monday 4:20 pm
13446 spacer
>>13445

We're a small organisation (around 10 staff) so we don't have a proper HR department, and to be honest I dunno if I would be comfortable telling them about this.

How would I be exposing myself to risk if I ignore it?
>> No. 13447 Anonymous
29th June 2020
Monday 4:20 pm
13447 spacer
>>13444
>I'm tempted to text her letting her know that she's applied for a job I'm hiring for, but I'm worried that this would be inappropriate and could get me in trouble.

lol
>> No. 13448 Anonymous
29th June 2020
Monday 4:28 pm
13448 spacer
Arrange the job interview at a restaurant or other date setting. Two birds with one stone.
>> No. 13449 Anonymous
29th June 2020
Monday 4:37 pm
13449 spacer
>>13446

If you give her the job, you could be accused of favouritism. If you don't give her the job, you could be accused of spite. If she gets the job and an issue crops up down the road, whatever contact you had with her on the dating app could be used as evidence of your amorous/malicious intent.

Just tell your boss. As soon as you tell your boss, it's his problem, not yours. It might be mildly embarrassing, but it'll be far more embarrassing if it comes out later and it looks like you were hiding something.
>> No. 13450 Anonymous
29th June 2020
Monday 9:06 pm
13450 spacer
>>13449
Not the OP, but I get the feeling that if she doesn't get the job she won't complain.

whiteline

nested.jpg
618961896189
>> No. 6189 Anonymous
25th June 2020
Thursday 5:48 pm
/poof/6189 Clothes, what do they mean?
I'm not quite sure how to phrase this question or if I am over thinking it.

But how much are clothes an expression of personality, and communication to you? And how much do you make assumptions about people based on their clothing choice?

It occurred to me that I consider my fashion choices an expression of my inner self, if I wear something I would never normally would I feel like an imposter.

I also make assumptions about personality the most obvious example I can think is this picture >>/x/19373. When I first saw it back in 2011 was driven wild by it. But later on I found out it was of famous performer Taylor Momsen, my attraction immediately dropped, because I went from assuming the choices were those of a person, to a cynically curated presentation, it was like I was told Father Christmas wasn't real and with that the magic was lost forever.


I'm waffling but I guess my question is, what are you trying to say with the clothes you wear .gs? is it saying something genuine about you? Is it a costume? Who do you wear your clothes for the benefit of? And what things do you think people unintentionally say with them?
They seem like an enormous indicator of culture and the zeitgeist (the man on the street, there’s nothing cultural about the fashion industry), but one I have just taken for granted because it is always just there.
29 posts and 2 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 6220 Anonymous
28th June 2020
Sunday 8:47 pm
6220 spacer
>>6218

Quite wrong there lad, I see you're also in a semantic hell of your own. Never mind, I'm here to help you out.

A bad argument is easily reduced to 'because I say so', of course people with bad arguments won't admit that because it admits one's own stupidity or lack of argument. That's why the suspect is clinging hopelessly to the notion that nondescript isn't clear. You can observe this easily with children bickering amongst themselves.

A good argument is different, you can't boil it down to 'because I say so'. Take smoking for example, you should not smoke because it's bad for you and has a dramatically negative impact on your life. That's a good argument because it's true, it's not true because I think it is.

Now, if I were to say you should stop posting on this board because you're an insufferable cunt, then I can't really back that up with anything— it's reduced to 'you should not post here because I say so'. The argument is weak and ridiculous, the only hope would be the unlikely event that people would echo that. Even, the argument would make me look immature, like a child having a temper tantrum.

Don't worry, if I see you struggling again I'll step in and help you out. We'll get there.


>>6219

Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 6221 Anonymous
28th June 2020
Sunday 9:56 pm
6221 spacer
>>6220

Well I highlighted the point multiple times that people that don't live in their head don't know what they mean if the use vague non committal terms you can't get more clearer argument than that.
>> No. 6222 Anonymous
29th June 2020
Monday 12:03 am
6222 spacer
Well this is only the second most insufferably bland cunt off of 2020, keep it up lads. There's time yet.
>> No. 6223 Anonymous
29th June 2020
Monday 12:08 am
6223 spacer
>>6222
Would you say it's a rather nondescript cunt-off?
>> No. 6224 Anonymous
29th June 2020
Monday 12:42 am
6224 spacer

Boom boom.jpg
622462246224
>>6223

whiteline

.png
658336583365833
>> No. 65833 Billbob
28th June 2020
Sunday 2:22 am
/iq/65833 spacer

6 posts omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 65848 Are Moaty
28th June 2020
Sunday 1:32 pm
65848 spacer

My Arse.jpg
658486584865848
>>65843
I bet he has at least one door that comes clean off when you open it and just look at that microwave on the piss. "#MensLifestyle" my arse, Youtube monetisation was a mistake.

>>65842
I reckon you're overthinking this - women are just as lonely and insufferable. He merely needs a good introduction and to make like a polar bear and break the ice (while being at least not actively repulsive). All else is bullshit if we're talking a woman whose interests are netflix and holidays. And Harry Potter.

Bet as soon as he does get a bird he will be beating them off with a stick.
>> No. 65851 Ambulancelad
28th June 2020
Sunday 2:44 pm
65851 spacer
>>65848

it's true, they are- But dating is a buyer's market. women can afford to be pickier than a bloke even if they are empty-headed sofa tumours. with a bloke, you need to have at least something interesting about you or you are near enough invisible to a woman, and this lad absolutely does not have the personality to make up for being the no life sad-case he is.

he has a dad's sense of humour, but not in the good way. he's not particularly intelligent. he lives on ready meals because he doesn't have the imagination to cook. and he's frankly a bit of a maungy cunt. so for him, the only viable route to making himself appealing is through expanding the things he does, and growing as a person.

as it is, any woman going on a date with him is just going to come away thinking "christ, what a boring old fart", even if she's just the same herself. he's what i think of as actively boring- He's not just dull, he actually projects mundanity.
>> No. 65852 Crabkiller
28th June 2020
Sunday 3:04 pm
65852 spacer
If you're ugly then tough shit. There's really not much else to say.

t. Ugly lad.
>> No. 65853 Crabkiller
28th June 2020
Sunday 3:31 pm
65853 spacer
>>65851

I have a lot of boring old man hobbies, and I learned long ago, to great surprise, that women (actually, everyone) is going to be impressed with your knowledge and passion for your hobbies and/or work. My current love interest likely doesn't even care how many cylinders her own car's engine has, but is certainly impressed that I drive a car with an engine in it that I rebuilt myself, and even enjoys me talking about it as long as I explain a bit what I'm on about, despite it being undeniably sad.

My work is even less exciting, but even someone as thin on wit and words as I am, has learned how to talk about it in a way that makes it seem impressive, and I can make it sound interesting because I'm actually interested in it.

Putting women aside, I don't really get how people in general cope without hobbies or stuff to do that isn't just chores. I am perfectly capable of vegetating in front of netflix, I do it often, but I'm quite sure I'd go mad if I didn't also build, make, or fix things too.

Sorry for the likely rambling nature of this post, I've had two tramadols due to a hobby related injury (do not try to lift and fit a whole exhaust above your head on your own - it will hurt)
>> No. 65860 Paedofag
28th June 2020
Sunday 7:50 pm
65860 spacer
>>65853

precisely, even if it was stamp collecting or trainspotting, there would be something else about him besides just eating spaghetti on toast and watching whatever series he's on this week. I'm with you, I've no idea how people cope when all they have in life is the cycle of work, eat dinner, watch telly and sleep.

there are no boring hobbies in this context, what matters is that you have something you actively participate in, not just vegetatively observe, and can talk passionately and knowledgeably about. It's the fact you do something.

i'll put it this way: being a balding sunday league player with a beer belly counts; being the lad who parks himself on the sofa and watches all the premiership games on a saturday doesn't.

whiteline

vimto_logo.jpg
500350035003
>> No. 5003 Anonymous
6th September 2011
Tuesday 6:40 pm
/101/5003 spacer
VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO VIMPTO
736 posts and 74 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 30351 Anonymous
22nd June 2020
Monday 12:45 pm
30351 spacer
>>30348>>30350
Well we don't have a president, lads, I don't know what you're complaining about.
>> No. 30353 Anonymous
22nd June 2020
Monday 1:44 pm
30353 spacer
>>30351
Not with that kind of attitude.
>> No. 30355 Anonymous
22nd June 2020
Monday 2:45 pm
30355 spacer
Priminister.
>> No. 30381 Anonymous
25th June 2020
Thursday 2:03 pm
30381 spacer
I don't care if "spill the tea" is an actual saying. Using it instead of "spill the beans" is just plain wrong.
>> No. 30411 Anonymous
28th June 2020
Sunday 7:15 pm
30411 spacer
Bubbling point.

whiteline

1920x4000.jpg
658006580065800
>> No. 65800 YubYub
26th June 2020
Friday 8:29 pm
/iq/65800 spacer
It's impossible to say "my cocaine" without sounding like Michael Caine saying "Michael Caine"
Expand all images.
>> No. 65801 Anonymous
26th June 2020
Friday 8:34 pm
65801 spacer
What do you think it sounds like when Michael Caine says "Beer can"
>> No. 65808 Samefag
27th June 2020
Saturday 9:27 am
65808 spacer
>>65800

I've tried and that doesn't seem true. Is this that fake news I've heard about? What are the mods doing to stop the spread of it on British Faggots?
>> No. 65859 Moralfag
28th June 2020
Sunday 6:50 pm
65859 spacer
An notta lodda peepu nodat

whiteline

>> No. 65256 Moralfag
9th April 2020
Thursday 11:11 am
/iq/65256 spacer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8mP4Bn77ng

Anyone remember the ManWomanMyth series about toxic feminism? The maker disappeared about 4 years ago and many people presumed he was dead.

It turns out he's been in a coma and only recently came round and has lost most of his memory. It was probably caused by a suicide attempt after his marriage broke down... but he can't remember.
5 posts and 1 image omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 65326 YubYub
25th April 2020
Saturday 1:09 am
65326 spacer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCKX4jkbJEI
>> No. 65331 Anonymous
28th April 2020
Tuesday 3:08 am
65331 spacer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHxBKQm8hiM

pls halp pls
>> No. 65332 Moralfag
28th April 2020
Tuesday 10:43 am
65332 spacer
I'm not watching any of these, but it all seems very depressing. Nice meme forcing though.
>> No. 65379 Auntiefucker
10th May 2020
Sunday 4:04 am
65379 spacer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfP-wRcDGA
>> No. 65834 Moralfag
28th June 2020
Sunday 3:00 am
65834 spacer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngYbbT2b-Xs

whiteline

30069694-8461643-image-a-2_1593131210470.jpg
658026580265802
>> No. 65802 Samefag
27th June 2020
Saturday 12:11 am
/iq/65802 spacer
>A gamer and self-proclaimed sex addict is suing Twitch, claiming the video gaming platform has too many 'scantily clad' players that caused him to masturbate and hurt his penis. The suit claims Erik Estavillo of San Francisco is following 786 of the female gamers and 'zero male streamers' and that the list of women keeps on growing because he has little control over his addiction.

>His complaint also details how Estavillo came to hurt himself when he resorted to a Fleshlight- branded sex toy to masturbate while gazing at the females on Twitch. Estavillo ended up 'chaffing his penis every day with the device,' the complaint reads. The complaint adds that he suffered redness and mild infections since the Fleshlight is 'electrical and also vibrates' and applied an antibiotic ointment to avoid 'necrosis'.

>He also complained of bloodshot eyes from staying up for hours staring at the female gamers and claims he once ejaculated on his personal computer's monitor, causing it to short circuit and spark a fire that left his apartment in a blackout.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8461643/Sex-addict-sues-video-platform-Twitch-25million-scantily-clad-gamers.html
23 posts and 2 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 65827 Paedofag
27th June 2020
Saturday 5:22 pm
65827 spacer
>>65826
>It is with great sadness that we have to announce that we have lost our site at Rudgwick. This is due to continuing disruptive and permitted development allowed by the landowner, which has made it impossible for us to continue on this site. We are hopeful that a suitable site can be found in the area for the future years.
>We would like to thank everyone for their support over the past 31 years.

Word filters are for chuckles, not making me depressed.
>> No. 65828 Samefag
27th June 2020
Saturday 7:50 pm
65828 spacer
>>65821

>why the fuck not? If I thought people would pay to see my dick I'd already be doing it.

But people don't pay to see your dick, do they? And that in itself is kind of why. If you have a notion of fairness in society, if you think it's a bit fucked up that people who are bordin into wealthy families have a practically guaranteed successful life ahead of them, if you think it's in any way unfair that browns or women have technically got worse prospects than white men... Well. That there is why you should have a problem with titty streamers.

Decades of fisherperson thought has laid down the groundwork better than I could, and I'm not a fisherperson. It just seems to be one thing I agree with them on. If these people think porn is exploitation, or having women wearing skimpy clothes to advertise things is objectification... Then how is it different just because someone's choosing to exploit or objectify themselves?

i've heard the argument that titty streaming (and sex work in general) is comparable to traditional labour. the idea that a coal miner exchanging physical labour for money, is the same thing as a porn actress exchanging her cavernous vagina for money. it's really not, that's a dishonest comparison. The coal miner is creating value by harvesting a commodity; the porn actress IS the commodity.

frankly if you've read this far though, you can disregard everything i've just written because it comes down to one thing for me: sex should not be commercialised. sex is great. everyone should be having sex, and money shouldn't be entering into it. we live in a society where the slimy hand of consumerism, commercialisation and lowest-common-denominator profit extraction has seeped into almost every aspect of our lives, and frankly sex is where i want to draw the line.

i don't care about the politics, i just don't think sex should be a for profit enterprise. i resent the fact that it is.
>> No. 65829 Paedofag
27th June 2020
Saturday 8:05 pm
65829 spacer
>>/101/30405
I ended up washing those windows myself - it's only 20 minutes. She said the usual "thanks darling", which reminded me of this thread. To be honest it's easy to imagine why lonely people would pay money for female attention - it feels good. I don't think it's fundamentally dishonest behaviour of either party when there's mutual gain. You just gotta watch your behaviour and notice when it's disproportionate.

Is my time really that valuable that I can't take a moment to wash some windows?
>> No. 65830 Are Moaty
27th June 2020
Saturday 8:20 pm
65830 spacer
>>65828
> we live in a society
Please join us in /A/.
>> No. 65831 Billbob
27th June 2020
Saturday 8:29 pm
65831 spacer
>>65829

I don't know, I doubt I'd wash someone's windows for anything other than cash if it felt that transactional - If did a favour for a female friend and she blew me a kiss or said "my hero" or whatever the fuck, I'd feel like she had tricked me into it with her feminine wiles, or at least that's what she thought she'd done, even though ultimately I was just doing it because I don't mind doing stuff for people. Perhaps this just highlights my issues with women more than anything else, because I wouldn't feel the same way about a male neighbour, though to be honest I can't imagine a bloke asking me to do something like that for him to start with, he'd be helping, at least.

whiteline

SAUSAGE.jpg
135151351513515
>> ID: 7389f1 No. 13515 Anonymous
10th December 2015
Thursday 8:44 pm

ID: 7389f1
/shed/13515 Silly Sausage Thread
Ban appeals, supplication and fry-ups.
544 posts and 35 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> ID: 98805e No. 15380 Anonymous
27th June 2020
Saturday 2:44 pm

ID: 98805e
15380 spacer
Is posting a Sky News interview between Adam Bolton and a former Met chief superintendent really worthy of a two week ban for "racist shite"?
>> ID: 533c65 No. 15381 Anonymous
27th June 2020
Saturday 5:11 pm

ID: 533c65
15381 spacer
>>15380
"We can't have the Marxist BLM narrative, that this is an issue of right wing whites+police vs everyone else (when really it's a specific problem with afro-Carribbeans largely due to their massively disproportional rate of fatherlessness), being shattered by a calm rational former chief superintendent stating facts and his years of experience" said Adam Bolton and the mods.
>> ID: a1997b No. 15382 Anonymous
27th June 2020
Saturday 5:55 pm

ID: a1997b
15382 spacer
>>15381

>being shattered by a calm rational former chief superintendent stating facts

Fucking hell. Actually beyond parody now.
>> ID: 9372a2 No. 15383 Anonymous
27th June 2020
Saturday 6:01 pm

ID: 9372a2
15383 spacer
>>15382
I seem to have a thing at the moment where I just post something and then other people run with it, like using the word "nondescript".
>> ID: a1997b No. 15384 Anonymous
27th June 2020
Saturday 6:24 pm

ID: a1997b
15384 spacer
>>15383

We haven't had a good 'ubiquitous' in years, it's about time.

whiteline

18738369_136920633525178_4406091911955762659_o.jpg
133731337313373
>> No. 13373 Anonymous
31st May 2020
Sunday 2:36 pm
/nom/13373 spacer
On a hot day like this there is nothing better than a freezer drawer full of freeze pops. I'd go as far as to say they're actually better than lollies and choc ices.
Expand all images.
>> No. 13374 Anonymous
31st May 2020
Sunday 3:55 pm
13374 spacer

71bpQwOwVeL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
133741337413374
I agree, but not all ice pops are created equal. I am in love with these things, they have a texture closer to firm slush than ice and are fantastic.
>> No. 13383 Anonymous
1st June 2020
Monday 1:43 am
13383 spacer
>>13373
Not only are they better than ice lollies, but they are hangover kryptonite; they flee before them.
>> No. 13384 Anonymous
1st June 2020
Monday 12:53 pm
13384 spacer
>>13373
This is stone cold truth.
>> No. 13471 Anonymous
26th June 2020
Friday 8:23 pm
13471 spacer
I'm out of freeze pops. Someone go to the shop for me.
>> No. 13472 Anonymous
26th June 2020
Friday 8:35 pm
13472 spacer
>>13471
I couldn't find any in tesco today.

whiteline

>> No. 65730 R4GE
13th June 2020
Saturday 5:54 pm
/iq/65730 spacer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkaIjrp7ayQ
Expand all images.
>> No. 65731 Moralfag
13th June 2020
Saturday 5:57 pm
65731 spacer
I'D SHAG SOPH ASPIN
>> No. 65732 Anonymous
13th June 2020
Saturday 8:50 pm
65732 spacer
Cameras are betterm but has anything really changed in near decade?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uja3W-ibifc
>> No. 65733 Billbob
14th June 2020
Sunday 11:48 pm
65733 spacer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW2Cvx8X4Lc
>> No. 65734 Moralfag
15th June 2020
Monday 5:40 am
65734 spacer
>>65733

Pete & Bas want a word.


>> No. 65799 Auntiefucker
25th June 2020
Thursday 10:56 pm
65799 spacer
Thank you for introducing me to Blackpool Grime Media, it's just a bunch of teenage girls calling each other slags and hardman Little T threatening to rape the women and salt the earth.
Highly entertaining stuff.

whiteline

poof.jpg
261232612326123
>> No. 26123 Anonymous
25th June 2020
Thursday 2:10 pm
/news/26123 Austrian man fined for farting ‘with full intent’ at police
>An Austrian man has been charged 500 euros (about $763 in Canada) for breaking wind loudly, and intentionally, in front of a police officer, the Associated Press reports.


https://globalnews.ca/news/7072117/

whiteline

livre-pilates-mollie-stansbury.jpg
524152415241
>> No. 5241 Anonymous
23rd June 2020
Tuesday 7:29 pm
/fat/5241 spacer
I've noticed that my joints seem to be more achy and creaky, particularly my knees and left elbow.

Would pilates be a good idea and are there any alternatives for stiffness?
1 post omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 5243 Anonymous
24th June 2020
Wednesday 4:08 am
5243 spacer
>>5241
Do you drink a lot of alcohol?
>> No. 5244 Anonymous
24th June 2020
Wednesday 7:32 am
5244 spacer
>>5243
Not at all.
>> No. 5245 Anonymous
24th June 2020
Wednesday 4:40 pm
5245 spacer
>>5241

Check out the five tibetan rites. Easy to pick up, do them daily and you'll feel a lot better.

Also look into natural anti-inflammatory agents like castor oil (for external use on joints) and black seed oil (nigella sativa, can be used externally and internally).
>> No. 5246 Anonymous
24th June 2020
Wednesday 5:09 pm
5246 spacer
>>5241
CBD's pretty fantastic for joint pain.
>> No. 5247 Anonymous
25th June 2020
Thursday 11:02 am
5247 spacer
>>5246
I prefer more THC in my joints.

whiteline

e6d8af3d9a611c31a912db5d83b5956eed673894.jpg
153381533815338
>> ID: ba95ba No. 15338 Anonymous
19th May 2020
Tuesday 5:46 pm

ID: ba95ba
/shed/15338 spacer
Go on, open up the workplace annoyances thread again.
4 posts and 2 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> ID: 33a0e6 No. 15343 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 12:25 am

ID: 33a0e6
15343 spacer
>>15342

>> ID: 6c0fdd No. 15344 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 1:21 am

ID: 6c0fdd
15344 spacer
>>15342
The mods don't actually know how to unlock threads. Have you ever seen one unlocked?
>> ID: 18f2b3 No. 15345 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 2:02 am

ID: 18f2b3
15345 spacer
>>15344
The Autoban 9000 broke free from purps shed and runs things now. I don't even own a web browser these days, I post using Alexa.
>> ID: 717284 No. 15378 Anonymous
24th June 2020
Wednesday 1:22 pm

ID: 717284
15378 spacer
Go on.
>> ID: ec74d0 No. 15379 Anonymous
24th June 2020
Wednesday 2:17 pm

ID: ec74d0
15379 spacer
>>15378
I'm fairly sure I unlocked it about a month ago but nobody noticed. I can't find it now so if you want to bump it I'll lock it again for you.

whiteline

_106024950_052666919-1.jpg
425684425684425684
>> No. 425684 Anonymous
5th April 2019
Friday 11:36 pm
/b/425684 spacer
So am I the only one who is getting a bit annoyed by this whole Greta Thunberg cult, or am I just too much of a cold hearted cynic that the world would be better off without?

I don't doubt the legitimate concern of her generation over climate change, after all it will fall to them to sort out the utter fucking mess that we have left the planet in, but all the awards that she is now being showered with are IMO just middle aged and old people's guilt over their own failure to save the planet's climate despite having had decades of prior warning, and who lost their way and succumbed to high carbon footprint consumerism somewhere between 1990s road protest villages and today's school runs in a 4x4. None of it feels sincere or genuine, it's more like, yeah, just take all these awards and shut the hell up already.

And parents whose children now protest every Friday or so are now engaging in pissing matches on twitter and Instagram to show off which one of their kids gets the most involved. As one commenter said, nothing good has ever come of a youth protest movement that was applauded by parents.
2429 posts and 208 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 437751 Anonymous
24th June 2020
Wednesday 11:06 am
437751 spacer
>>437729

Many local councils already have tree preservation orders that forbid you to cut down or even trim trees if those trees are deemed valuable to the environment.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tree-preservation-orders-and-trees-in-conservation-areas#tree-preservation-orders--general
>> No. 437754 Anonymous
24th June 2020
Wednesday 11:36 am
437754 spacer
>>437731
Lab grown meat's on its way and the only real obstacle is cattle industry propaganda when they start to perceive it as a threat. Aside from the Logan's Run bit that sounds fine. Thing is, if we could persuade enough voters to agree to it, it would be a hell of a lot easier to get them to agree to less extreme measures which would be just as good.
>> No. 437759 Anonymous
24th June 2020
Wednesday 1:19 pm
437759 spacer
>>437754
I predict that lab grown meat will probably be fine for stuff like mince and burgers and chicken nuggets, and less fine for steaks and when the muscle needs to have been worked to get the right flavour and texture.
>> No. 437760 Anonymous
24th June 2020
Wednesday 1:27 pm
437760 spacer
>>437759

It's probanly going to be a bit like surimi. Fine for budget pizza or seafood salad, but will never completely replace actual crab meat to the discerning gourmet.
>> No. 437762 Anonymous
24th June 2020
Wednesday 1:48 pm
437762 spacer
>>437731
You forgot forced sterilization

whiteline

image.jpg
657676576765767
>> No. 65767 Searchfag
23rd June 2020
Tuesday 9:40 am
/iq/65767 spacer
Four years ago today, lads. The day we took our country back.
13 posts and 1 image omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 65794 YubYub
24th June 2020
Wednesday 9:13 am
65794 spacer
>>65792
I disagree, but I was raised by an Australian.
Marmite is a bit too runny and takes ages to wind round the knife. Vegemite is a bit to solid and can tear the toast. I wonder if it is possible to blend the two.
>> No. 65795 Searchfag
24th June 2020
Wednesday 9:14 am
65795 spacer
>>65794
Make your own. Call it yeasty paste.
>> No. 65796 YubYub
24th June 2020
Wednesday 9:26 am
65796 spacer
>>65795
That sounds like the contents of my wife's knickers currently.
>> No. 65797 Anonymous
24th June 2020
Wednesday 10:20 am
65797 spacer
>>65796
I wondered what she was telling you it was.
>> No. 65798 Crabkiller
24th June 2020
Wednesday 10:56 am
65798 spacer
>>65794

They used to sell marmite in a sqeezey bottle, I have to assume they tweaked the consistency too.

whiteline

[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9]