[ rss / options / help ]
post ]
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
logo
stuffwehate

Return ] Entire Thread ] Last 50 posts ]

Posting mode: Reply [Last 50 posts]
Reply ]
Subject   (reply to 27960)
Message
File  []
close
LeMisanthrope.jpg
279602796027960
>> No. 27960 Anonymous
10th December 2018
Monday 1:17 am
27960 ITT: People
Why do you hate them?
7 posts omitted. Last 50 posts shown. Expand all images.
>> No. 27968 Anonymous
10th December 2018
Monday 11:53 am
27968 spacer
>>27967

I don't believe this is a modern phenomenon. There's been political intrigue and selfish deeds for as long as we've been recording them.

We all have a sense of tribalism which, like you say, is an innate concern for others, a sense of empathy, but it will almost always be easily overpowered by self interest.

I'm innately selfish so maybe I'm just projecting, but I suspect not.
>> No. 27969 Anonymous
10th December 2018
Monday 12:40 pm
27969 spacer
>>27968
You are projecting, because on a sub-concious level the thought that everyone is innately like you assuages any guilt over being self-centred all the time.

Humans are naturally pre-disposed to non-familial altruism, we’re the only animal that is. Elephants will adopt a baby from their own Matriarchal group, but not a random calf. That’s a common theme among pack animals, outwith exceptions were imprinting affects maternal instincts, but we’ll take in a stray dog, nevermind the lengths we’ll go to protect a child we don’t know.

Scaled up, that impulse is why society functions.
>> No. 27970 Anonymous
10th December 2018
Monday 12:45 pm
27970 spacer
>>27968

Is it the selfish gene by Dawkins where he argues that selflessness is an inherent human trait, because funnily enough it usually works out better in rational self interest to have others watching your back too

Food for thought anyway.
>> No. 27971 Anonymous
10th December 2018
Monday 12:48 pm
27971 spacer
>>27969

Why's everyone such a cunt, then?
>> No. 27972 Anonymous
10th December 2018
Monday 12:59 pm
27972 spacer
>>27961

> Why, do you?

Short answer I hate the Id.

I find the behavour of most people utterly mad to me that I can't connect with them because I find they have nothing interesting to say and their behavior odd, and I am secure enough in myself to think it is them who are wrong and not me.

Example saturday night. Practically every random bloke I talked to wanted to have some sort of chest beating exercise with me to prove who was best. The stranger who put his bag next to me instantly insulted me, the guy who I borrowed a lighter from was like "it is 50p a flame" in a I'm serious if you accept this otherwise it was totally a joke, and the bar man when I defered to the girl next to me who was buying the drinks just walked off and ignored us for the next 5 mins, it is like they were all testing to see how I react to gauge their power vs mine, and I honestly didn't get the point of it at all. It was like they wanted to do everything they could get away with without having a fight.
>> No. 27973 Anonymous
10th December 2018
Monday 2:09 pm
27973 spacer
>>27970

'The selfish gene' has nothing to do with people being selfish. It is just assumed to be that by people who have only read the title.

It is about the idea that we are vessels purely for our genes survival and perpetuation we are purely a tool for their purpose. it is essentially about a shift in perspective as to what the focus of evolution is and 'who' benifits.

Hence why a spider will mate knowing they will be eaten, the genes will them to, even though it is bad for the spider, because it is good for the genes.
>> No. 27974 Anonymous
10th December 2018
Monday 2:21 pm
27974 spacer
>>27972
If you run into cunts all day...
If you found it that bad then maybe you were in the wrong place and giving off some sort of vibe. That's not normal.
>> No. 27975 Anonymous
10th December 2018
Monday 2:50 pm
27975 spacer
>>27974

>giving off some sort of vibe

I was wondering that, I'm not sure what though or why, I was a bit styled up. If I had the Richard Gere quality of the man 'women love and men hate' I have only mastered the second part so far.

First reply to this thread was someone acting like I had pissed on their cornflakes, so apparently it works not just in person.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFzS8Ki-cQ8
>> No. 27976 Anonymous
10th December 2018
Monday 3:14 pm
27976 spacer
I don't hate all people.
Just inconsiderate cunts. Those who litter and waste things from goods to their own or other peoples time. It doesn't help I'm surrounded by mouthbreathers and their ilk in public places.
I find most people are in a different mindset. I have nothing against people who are selfish and for themselves, I myself am. It's those who inconvenience everyone else. Every where I look when I'm out there is cigerette ends and litter on the floor, broken glass, graffiti and other signs of vandalism. I often think what drives a person to willing go around and do stuff like that and wonder if they could ever think any different.
A lot of it comes from a person's upbringing and background. I'm mostly describing poor people but with wealth comes those cunts who think they're the most important person in the world while driving some oversized fuel guzzling car while stuck in traffic creeping a few metres at a time.
Basically I hate cunts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfoBpf1XH4g
>> No. 27977 Anonymous
10th December 2018
Monday 3:37 pm
27977 spacer
>>27976
> I often think what drives a person to willing go around and do stuff like that and wonder if they could ever think any different.

I think it is an alienation from of society essentially they have haven't connected that they are a part of it and they have a responsiblity to it. It is just someone anonymous's problem not theirs.
>> No. 27978 Anonymous
10th December 2018
Monday 6:22 pm
27978 spacer
>>27973

I wasn't talking about the whole book, I was referring to one specific part about altruistic behaviour. It might not even be that book.
>> No. 27979 Anonymous
10th December 2018
Monday 8:10 pm
27979 spacer
>>27960
I hate those people who barge onto the tube at the last minute and make the crush in the carriage even worse than usual. Just fuck off and wait for the next one.
>> No. 27980 Anonymous
11th December 2018
Tuesday 12:18 pm
27980 spacer

define-an-english-person-1323782131.png
279802798027980
>>27977

Right on. Why should I respect public property if I do not feel part of this society and often I feel actively rejected by it? British people are cunts, British society is insufferably classist and hostile,99% of the people I see are obese, drunk, stoned on superskunk or benzos, and either laughing maniacally or mindlessly aggressive. Why and how should I feel part of this shitty society?
>> No. 27981 Anonymous
11th December 2018
Tuesday 1:48 pm
27981 spacer
>>27980

Have you ever thought that if you try make things nicer other people might catch on and follow suit? Being off your head on pot and special brew constantly is a result of being unsatisfied with your lot and feeling there is no other option, possibly for the same reasons you are. You lead by example and some will follow, and others will catch on as you build monument.
>> No. 27982 Anonymous
11th December 2018
Tuesday 2:06 pm
27982 spacer

BeTheChangeGandhiImage.png
279822798227982
>>27981
>> No. 27984 Anonymous
11th December 2018
Tuesday 5:56 pm
27984 spacer
>>27982
>Or The Bird will come
>> No. 27986 Anonymous
11th December 2018
Tuesday 6:37 pm
27986 spacer
I think hating people is something you grow out of. I remember being a distinctly edgy teenlad who thought everyone was a bastard, reading about nihilism and LaVeyan satanism and all that and thinking I'd got the world sussed out.

There are cunts in the world, but I think the older you get, and the more profound psychedelic experiences you go through, the more you realise we are all just struggling through the same existential dilemma, and dealing with it in different ways. Some people are cunts, but I think underneath most cunts is some sort of deep unhappiness, bitterness, or resentment, and I feel sort of sorry for them. The further I get down my own path the more I feel genuine empathy toward others, and see elements of commonality between us, that I couldn't before. You see how older people were young like you once too, and went through a lot of the same things. You see how the anxieties of modern life weigh on all of us more than we let on.

I think what I dislike more than anything else in other people, is when somebody is basically spoilt, and brash about it. Some people are very lucky in life and don't realise how easy they've had it. They often come off as ungrateful and sheltered, but again, it's not really their fault. We are all just products of our environment, really.

I find myself in a strange philosophical and ethical quandary sometimes. I essentially agree with the lefty outlook on the word, which excuses people for their actions because it was society what done it. But it still has its bogeymen, and those people are not excused. The evil racists, the misogynists, the paedos and what have you. I find myself wandering down an ethical path that follows that to its logical conclusion and absolves anyone of responsibility, even the baddies. They are after all, simply products of a broken society, when looked at through that lens.

I think we should all try to empathise more. We should try to forgive more. It would be a better world.
>> No. 27987 Anonymous
11th December 2018
Tuesday 6:43 pm
27987 spacer
>>27984
Imagine the amount of spaff a bird of that size would shoot out.
>> No. 27990 Anonymous
11th December 2018
Tuesday 8:04 pm
27990 spacer
>>27986

>the older you get, and the more profound psychedelic experiences you go through, the more you realise we are all just struggling through the same existential dilemma, and dealing with it in different ways

The average Daily Mail reader is 62 years old.
>> No. 27991 Anonymous
11th December 2018
Tuesday 8:11 pm
27991 spacer
>>27987

Maybe it's a normal-sized bird in outer space and its spaff would float off in a globule.
>> No. 27992 Anonymous
11th December 2018
Tuesday 8:19 pm
27992 spacer
>>27991
I suppose that explains what comets are.
>> No. 27993 Anonymous
11th December 2018
Tuesday 8:24 pm
27993 spacer
>>27990

Yes, but they also read the Daily Mail.
>> No. 27994 Anonymous
11th December 2018
Tuesday 8:25 pm
27994 spacer
>>27992

comets
>> No. 27999 Anonymous
11th December 2018
Tuesday 10:40 pm
27999 spacer
>>27981

Bullshit, as >>27972 said, a lot of people are just mean and aggressive in a totally unprovoked way.

>>27986

That outlook is the most evil way of thinking ever devised, way worse than the worst satanist. By blaming society and excusing any action, you are making every human being as irresponsible as a three years old child. Humans become humans just because they can claim responsibility for what they say and do, otherwise they have the same self determination and self consciousness as cattle. I know that for a leftie this is a complete obscenity: lefties are chronic losers unable to hold themselves accountable for their actions, so they follow a philosophy that absolves them of all responsibilities because it's always somebody else's fault.

Grow up, boy. This kind of thinking is only justifiable if you are a 13 years old boy with no willpower and no self discipline.
>> No. 28000 Anonymous
11th December 2018
Tuesday 10:43 pm
28000 spacer
>>27999
Maggie? I thought you were dead.
>> No. 28007 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 9:01 am
28007 spacer
>>27999

>Bullshit, as >>27972 said, a lot of people are just mean and aggressive in a totally unprovoked way.

I've never had someone quote me back at me before. All I can say is I think that neither are absolutes I don't think you will get all of society alongside and I don't think most people are irredeemable cunts, but trying might result in enough momentum to make things better than they currently are, not perfect, but better.
>> No. 28010 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 11:33 am
28010 spacer
>>27986

The idea that Misantropy is just the domain of teenlads is specious. Hating people is a broad church with many different reasons and motives, rather than a singular position.

For you the sensation of epiphany from geting high was apparently enough for you to flip your possition, but that is probably because you had pretty weak grounds for your belief in the first place.
>> No. 28013 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 12:23 pm
28013 spacer
>>27999

>That outlook is the most evil way of thinking ever devised

There's a reason why Asch, Milgram and Zimbardo are on the A Level psychology syllabus. We are vastly less free to make moral choices than we think. Germans didn't all individually become complete bastards in the 1930s and suddenly become decent human beings in 1945; they were the hapless pawns of an insane political ideology and lacked the moral autonomy to resist. Most people would do the same. We're just not equipped on an evolutionary level to be independent thinkers.


>> No. 28016 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 1:20 pm
28016 spacer
>>28013
>Germans didn't all individually become complete bastards in the 1930s and suddenly become decent human beings in 1945

No, they didn't on both accounts. The problem with you people is that you overvalue a majority outcome that matches your hypothesis and then comfortably proclaim free will doesn't exist. It's perfectly possible the Nazis were complete bastards of their own account and those around them had varying degrees of moral defect.

The inverse is the classic left-thinking of criminals as a product of their background and therefore morally absolved when the majority of people in the same situation aren't criminals.

t.not him
>> No. 28017 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 1:40 pm
28017 spacer
>>28016
>the majority of people in the same situation aren't criminals
I too, remember growing up as a perfect clone in the Universally Identical Experience Machine.
>> No. 28019 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 2:10 pm
28019 spacer
Even if nobody can truly be culpable for their actions I am not culpable for wishing to see those who harm society punished/forced to behave differently even if it is some sort of cosmic injustice. Unless only scumbags have rights and nobody else.
>> No. 28021 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 3:19 pm
28021 spacer
>>27986

Ok, so if I come to your house, kick your ass, steal all your valuables, destroy all that I cannot carry and take a shit on your favourite carpet, you will just forgive me because the broken society forced me to do that and I am not accountable. Cool! May I have your home address?
>> No. 28022 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 3:29 pm
28022 spacer
>>28021

You're not going to do any of that though, are you?
>> No. 28023 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 4:03 pm
28023 spacer
>>28017
Oh right, we're just going to play pedantic silly buggers then because we're all trapped in a deterministic machine and the moment anything like poverty excuses come under the light we're all special and nothing can really be known.
>> No. 28024 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 4:10 pm
28024 spacer
>>28022

Yes, I would, but it will be a fault of the inequality of society, not mine. Learn to forgive, the world would be better
>> No. 28025 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 5:18 pm
28025 spacer
>>28023
It applies to lots of things, not just poverty. Culpability of manslaughter and so on. It's not about letting anyone off scot free, just being empathic and arguing for rehabilitation rather than punishment.
>> No. 28026 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 5:59 pm
28026 spacer
>>28021
> kick your ass
Leave the poor donkeys alone this Christmas, lad.
>> No. 28027 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 6:07 pm
28027 spacer
>>28025
>just being empathic and arguing for rehabilitation rather than punishment.
What do you lads think of A Clockwork Orange?
>> No. 28028 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 6:16 pm
28028 spacer
>>28027
Which part? When the scientists mistakenly include music in his conditioning? Later, when a group of people who are motivated by revenge torture him as punishment and attempt to force him into suicide for their own ends?
>> No. 28030 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 7:27 pm
28030 spacer
>>28021

Listen mate, I might be a commie but I'll still twat your head in with a crowbar and stamp on your bollocks if you break in my house. You're welcome to try.

But yes, I would forgive you for being such an obviously damaged individual.

I don't even own anything valuable because consumerism is for the weak of mind and spirit, you div.
>> No. 28032 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 7:45 pm
28032 spacer
>>28029

Ah, ok, so you commie beliefs cease to be when your private property gets violated. Typical.
>> No. 28034 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 7:56 pm
28034 spacer
>>28032
I'm not a Communist but even I know that as an ideology makes distinctions between "personal property" and "private property". And even in the here and now there are plenty of state owned or administered items that you can't just pinch because "actually my taxes paid for that too"; for instance a hospital bed or an OAP's bus pass. Feel free to start pulling up bits of tarmac because "why should yous lot get to drive on my bit of road, eh?" so long as you promise to live stream your arrest.
>> No. 28037 Anonymous
12th December 2018
Wednesday 9:09 pm
28037 spacer
>>28024

The point is you absolutely won't do any of that, nor would you be capable of it, because of your relatively middle class upbringing.
>> No. 28049 Anonymous
14th December 2018
Friday 6:01 pm
28049 spacer
>>28037

Jesus fucking Christ, it was an example, you thick skulled inbred snaggletoothed abomination.

Let me rephrase it in a simpler way:

"Ok, so if anyone comes to your house, kicks your ass, steals all your valuables, destroys all that he cannot carry and takes a shit on your favourite carpet, you will just forgive him because the broken society forced him to do that and he am not accountable. Cool! May I have your home address? I want to give it to a couple of blokes that would be very happy to know you."
>> No. 28050 Anonymous
14th December 2018
Friday 6:03 pm
28050 spacer
>>28049
Trying to pick up a cunt-off again after two days, you absolute madman.
>> No. 28051 Anonymous
14th December 2018
Friday 6:12 pm
28051 spacer
>>28049

>kicks your ass, destroys all that he cannot carry and takes a shit on your favourite carpet

Moving the goalposts a bit from 'poor people commit crimes for economic reasons' m8
>> No. 28052 Anonymous
14th December 2018
Friday 7:51 pm
28052 spacer
>>28051

Almost all poor people that I had the misfortune to meet have a mindset that can be condensed in: "I was born poor and I had a shittier life than yours, so I am justified in behaving in the shittiest way possible."
>> No. 28053 Anonymous
14th December 2018
Friday 7:53 pm
28053 spacer
>>28051
I understand his objection, if not his cuntyness. The majority of poor people don't just go around swindling and burgling, and their personal ethics will be a big part of that. Meanwhile I know very wealthy people who have similarly strict morals and are the sort of people who would never fuck others over given the opportunity.
>> No. 28054 Anonymous
14th December 2018
Friday 8:11 pm
28054 spacer
>>28050

necrocunting
>> No. 28055 Anonymous
15th December 2018
Saturday 7:15 am
28055 spacer
>>28049
>kicks your ass
Go home, Yank.

Return ] Entire Thread ] Last 50 posts ]
whiteline

Delete Post []
Password