recent posts
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
Subject   (new thread)
Message
File  []
close
p077yh5g.jpg
411024110241102
>> No. 41102 Anonymous
18th May 2020
Monday 11:58 pm
/x/41102 spacer
The thinking man's crumpet.
29 posts and 10 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 41173 Anonymous
22nd May 2020
Friday 6:24 pm
41173 spacer
>>41170
>"Zealot" implies a faith aspect in Thunberg's climate rhetoric which isn't the case, it's all real.

People have faith in things that are real all the time, you ask the average person on the street how they know a bunch of things are 'real' that are actually 'real' they won't have a fucking clue they will stare at you blankly.

You ask them "what the most abundant greenhouse gas in the atmosphere is?" and a tiny fraction would say water, I am willing to bet that you didn't even know water was a greenhouse gas until I just said it, and you won't accept it as a fact coming from me because you decided I am on the wrong side of your faith.

Because it doesn't really matter a lot of time if people know why they should believe something as long as they believe the correct thing.

Most people operate off of faith for most things, and argue based on faith even when those things are real.

>because she has "FAS"
I think they both have FAS that is why I made the observation

>>41170
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 41174 Anonymous
22nd May 2020
Friday 7:11 pm
41174 spacer
>>41173
You're so rational. I wish I could be one of your many mates.
>> No. 41175 Anonymous
22nd May 2020
Friday 8:11 pm
41175 spacer

VictoriaCM.jpg
411754117541175
My thoughts on this are as follows: she's a spacker who someone, likely a simp of hers, seems intent on forcing here.

You lot are way behind on this thread anyway. She's more than David can handle, surely?
>> No. 41187 Anonymous
26th May 2020
Tuesday 8:52 am
41187 spacer

image-asset.jpg
411874118741187
Like Angela Rayner if she actually had a functioning brain.
>> No. 41188 Anonymous
26th May 2020
Tuesday 9:54 am
41188 spacer

helen-czerki-five-books-portrait.jpg
411884118841188
Massively underrated. It helps I've got a thing for soft Manc and South Yorks accents.

whiteline

11181300-6826317-image-a-62_1553001714817.jpg
627416274162741
>> No. 62741 R4GE
19th March 2019
Tuesday 3:21 pm
/iq/62741 spacer
Vorderman from the front.
222 posts and 97 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 65201 Moralfag
3rd April 2020
Friday 11:09 pm
65201 spacer
Get your pencils out, lads. Vorderman has started teaching maths online:
&

It's for ages 4-12 years but I reckon we could give those kids are run for their money on the medal count if we all work together.
>> No. 65202 Anonymous
3rd April 2020
Friday 11:25 pm
65202 spacer
>>65201
4-12 years? I could probably finish all the sums in that video in 9 months tops
>> No. 65409 Auntiefucker
19th May 2020
Tuesday 12:04 am
65409 spacer
Fucking hell I went on her twitters to see if she'd been posting any pics of her accentuating her breasts but she's just sharing pictures of kids doing her maths thing. Nobody wants to see that.
>> No. 65410 R4GE
19th May 2020
Tuesday 12:51 pm
65410 spacer
>>65201

VORDERMAN'S GAMMY EYE IS REALLY FREAKING ME OUT IN THAT THUMBNAIL.
>> No. 65536 Auntiefucker
25th May 2020
Monday 11:29 pm
65536 spacer

EYcxjTeWoAYO2vc.jpg
655366553665536
She's finally at it again.

whiteline

guilty.jpg
238102381023810
>> No. 23810 Anonymous
31st December 2011
Saturday 10:22 pm
/x/23810 Guilty Would
Since this image wasn't that well received in The Ginger Thread, and by the recommendation of some lad in /b/: this is the "Guilty Would" thread.

Post women which aren't generically attractive, but which (for whatever reason) you'd shag the heck out of given the chance.
657 posts and 261 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 41057 Anonymous
30th April 2020
Thursday 6:24 pm
41057 spacer

cloud strife.jpg
410574105741057

>> No. 41061 Anonymous
3rd May 2020
Sunday 9:34 am
41061 spacer
The education coordinator at Bovingdon Tank Museum. She looks like Shrek, but in a good way.


>> No. 41063 Anonymous
3rd May 2020
Sunday 10:56 am
41063 spacer
>>41061

Yes, now this thread is going places. I bet she can nosh like her life depends on it.
>> No. 41064 Anonymous
3rd May 2020
Sunday 11:17 am
41064 spacer
>>41061
Is the reason hefty lasses paint massive eyebrows on because regular sized ones make the rest of their head look massive?
>> No. 41186 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 10:12 pm
41186 spacer

1589771111043.jpg
411864118641186
The first time I've found an outie belly button attractive. I feel very confused.

whiteline

Science.jpg
437242437242437242
>> No. 437242 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 2:08 pm
/b/437242 spacer
What's up with all the Mozzies lately? Normally they leave me alone but I've been bitten 4 times over the last week.

I find the best method is to leave a fan on. They're poor flyers and follow carbon dioxide so a strong fan going seems to keep them at bay. Greta-lad will soon find me though and give me a stern talking to.
Expand all images.
>> No. 437243 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 2:20 pm
437243 spacer
>>437242
I think it's like the rats appearing everywhere - there must be some reason to do with lockdown that they are appearing.

Also, it must be flying ant day soon - the fucking bastards!
LADS WAR IS COMING
>> No. 437244 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 3:27 pm
437244 spacer
Less disturbed grass that can hold standing water, less air pollution, more mosquitoes.

Fewer restaurants chucking out food, rats come looking for food near your house.

Just a theory anyway.
>> No. 437248 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 8:49 pm
437248 spacer
>>437244 Around here, it rained an absurd amount over the winter, and barely froze. It then snapped into a continuous dry spell, so there's a fair amount of warm standing water, that hasn't been refilled / overtopped, ideal mozzie territory. The lack of frost may account for some of the extra rats. It's like bloody watership down here, baby bunnies everywhere, which I suspect is related to the warm winter not killing enough of them off. They're cute, but the fuckers eat everything.

whiteline

maxresdefault[1].jpg
889688968896
>> No. 8896 Anonymous
10th May 2020
Sunday 12:59 am
/spo/8896 spacer
I started cycling when the lockdown started and my fitness levels have reached a point where I now actually look forward to cycling every day, so I'm looking to upgrade my bike to something a bit faster.

I currently have a touring bike with flat handlebars that weighs about 16.5kg and I think I'd like something lighter and racier with drop handlebars. What can I get for around £300 or less on the used market? Are there any good places to look for bikes aside from ebay/gumtree/facebook?
44 posts and 8 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 8942 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 5:05 pm
8942 spacer

STNINY3_P1.jpg
894289428942
>>8941

It looks like you've got an older type of handlebar stem called a quill stem. Accu will sell you a replacement bolt for a couple of quid if you can figure out what size you need, but a new stem will only set you back about £15.

https://www.accu.co.uk/en/159-cap-head-screws

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/stems/humpert-cattube-1-inch-quill-stem-254mm-clamp-blacksilver-40mm-height-230mm/
>> No. 8943 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 5:10 pm
8943 spacer
>>8941
I can't quite tell what sort of stem that is, can you post a pic from the side?

I think it's what's called a quill stem, it might be easier buying a whole new one than trying to get a new bolt.
Or alternatively you can get a convertor like below, then you would also need to get a new stem to go with it.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-STEM-CONVERTER-1-Forks-22-2m-QUILL-to-1-1-8-28-6mm-AHEAD-Bike-Bicycle/382585070775?hash=item5913d8e4b7:g:qIQAAOSwwghdVpSU
>> No. 8944 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 5:10 pm
8944 spacer
>>8942

If you're on a tight budget, you can get a Chinesium stem for six quid on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/80MM-HYBRID-TOWN-BIKE-BICYCLE-QUILL-STEM-1-BLACK-NEW-FREE-P-P/274286279050
>> No. 8945 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 5:33 pm
8945 spacer
>>8944
Ordered this (the bike is barely worth anything), will let you know how I get on.

Cheers lads.
>> No. 8946 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 6:09 pm
8946 spacer

hqdefault.jpg
894689468946
>>8945

>Cheers lads.

Chads.

whiteline

4_Untitled-design-2.jpg
153201532015320
>> ID: 3990e4 No. 15320 Anonymous
8th April 2020
Wednesday 6:02 pm

ID: 3990e4
/shed/15320 spacer
When I click view on the >>news/23797 Corona virus thread it only shows up to post 23868 but otherwise if I click expand then it displays everything up to post 23895.

That said, if I check the >>shed/13515 silly sausage thread and click view then it shows the entire thread - so I think something has broke on the news board.

I am using Firefox 64bit v75 on Windows 10.
Same thing happens on whatever version of safari iPads are on these days.
15 posts omitted. Expand all images.
>> ID: 607023 No. 15349 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 11:54 am

ID: 607023
15349 spacer
>>15347
>BTW fuck webp it's entirely useless.

It's a pretty good alternative to animated gifs, which are a bizarre inefficient dinosaur of a format.
But for stills though, yes it's utterly pointless. There's an argument that they save a bit of space when compared to an equivalent quality .jpg, but it's spare change in an age where every other website is packed full of autoplay videos.
>> ID: e417e3 No. 15350 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 12:18 pm

ID: e417e3
15350 spacer
>>15349

Up until now I had assumed it was just some sort of image format DRM that stops me being easily able to save images off Google to repost on imageboards.
>> ID: 607023 No. 15351 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 4:04 pm

ID: 607023
15351 spacer
>>15350

I'm not a computer magician but I think the only thing preventing them from working on Brian would be one line of code that contains the valid file types it will let you upload. Brian doesn't need to be able to decode the image itself, because that's done on our end in the browser, and that shouldn't be a problem for anyone who's updated their browser in the past 5-10 years.

Regarding DRM on images, one thing I've found that many websites do, either intentionally or otherwise, to stop people from being able to save images is to hide the image itself underneath a transparent layer so right clicking doesn't let you save the image. There is a workaround although it can be a bit of a pain in the backside, in Chrome, right click on the image and click "inspect", and using that function you can break the page down and find the url to the actual image.
>> ID: 607023 No. 15352 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 5:20 pm

ID: 607023
15352 spacer
>>15351

*I just thought, adding in a new file type could possibly bugger up the scaling for thumbnails maybe?
>> ID: ce5a5e No. 15353 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 5:45 pm

ID: ce5a5e
15353 spacer
You can just delete the .webp bit, right? Is there another issue or am I posting on Mumsnet by mistake again?

whiteline

thumbnail-5e53328468e7fc1732f5eee4e31a3252-1024x68.jpg
746474647464
>> No. 7464 Anonymous
24th February 2019
Sunday 3:15 am
/£$€¥/7464 spacer
I've come to seek some very serious financial advice. I'm in my mid thirties but I've never borrowed a penny from an official institution. I'm not quite a pikey but I'm not that far removed if I'm being honest. I've grown up in a culture of working for cash and buying things for cash. Debt is a dirty word in my family and I've always lived within my means.

I've been quite frugal over the years and have managed to put together about 90k in savings. My employment history is sketchy at best and although I've been working since I left school, there are some serious gaps in the official records when it comes to my income.

For the past six months I've been self employed with about 80k a year coming in. All declared and above board.

I've always assumed that I couldn't get a mortgage and I'm still doubtful but I thought it might be worth asking some strangers whether I'm right.

My current overheads are pretty low and at a push I can save a good few grand a month after tax and rent etc. That means I could potentially have a lot more in the bank in the near future.

I desperately want to own a house and I know I could buy something tiny in a shit place with the money I have but I've recently been wondering what I could get if a bank would lend me a big chunk. I don't want anything fancy but it would be nice to have some space in a nice area.

As I said I know nothing about debt so my main questions are do I have any chance of getting a mortgage with only 6 months of official financial stability (and no credit history), and if so, how much would they lend me with 90ish as a deposit?


Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
1 post omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 7466 Anonymous
24th February 2019
Sunday 8:41 am
7466 spacer
You can normally borrow about 4.5x of your salary on top of your deposit. You'll probably need a longer history of income, especially if self-employed. That could take a year or two.

It might be worth getting a credit card and spending a bit each month, making sure it's paid off in full to avoid interest. It's an easy way to demonstrate that you manage money well. Having no evidence of debt management can be a negative thing, I suppose the logic is 'if we can't see you managing small debts, we're unsure about your personality with larger debts'.

I often check both moneysavingexpert and r/ukpersonalfinance because they'll have a lot of info on this sort of thing.
>> No. 7467 Anonymous
24th February 2019
Sunday 9:45 am
7467 spacer
>>7466
Seconded for r/ukpersonalfinance , there's some absolutely stellar advice given there on this sort of thing.
>> No. 7468 Anonymous
24th February 2019
Sunday 10:32 am
7468 spacer
>>7464
Okay - a mortgage broker will definitely help as they will have actual offers from lenders. I can recommend Charles Cameron.

There are three variables to a mortgage - how much you earn (£80k), how much deposit you have (£90k) and how affordable your monthly payments are going to be. On the downside, you're self-employed, which means you have to do a little bit more proving you can still earn that much in the future. Your £90k deposit is a very good upside though. You can generally borrow between 3x and 5x your earnings depending on how dependable they are and the lender/offer.

On the affordability side, the general rule of thumb is you should be spending no more than 28% of your monthly income after tax is paid, which for you is about 1200 quid per month. The last variable is how many years you are taking the mortgage for, this varies between 10 and 30 years. Based on all that I would think you could be getting a mortgage of about £250k which added to your deposit means you can buy a property of £300k-ish.

You should get a mortgage that allows you to overpay - if you're as good a saver as you say, this means that you can overpay it every month, which dramatically shortens the term. There are mortgages (offset mortgages) that also allow you to keep your savings and balance the mortgage against it - again, a broker will help here as they can get actual offers to talk about.

When you speak to a broker, and they talk to lenders, you'll have to do some extra work because of being self-employed and the fact that rules have tightened up around affordability recently, but you have a good deposit and that really helps.
>> No. 7875 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 4:24 pm
7875 spacer
>>7466
>It might be worth getting a credit card and spending a bit each month, making sure it's paid off in full to avoid interest. It's an easy way to demonstrate that you manage money well. Having no evidence of debt management can be a negative thing, I suppose the logic is 'if we can't see you managing small debts, we're unsure about your personality with larger debts'.

Bumping this thread because I'm curious of how true it is. Like OP I've always avoided debt (student loan aside) and I've got more to show as a result because I've never paid interest and always had sizeable savings for anything that goes wrong. Plus I didn't want to be enslaved to debt in my youth.

It seems like something that would be more applicable to the American market but numerous older people told this to me growing up, that I should just buy things on credit and then pay them off because it's essential to home ownership. It would be satisfying to know that these people were idiots.
>> No. 7876 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 4:38 pm
7876 spacer
>>7875

>It would be satisfying to know that these people were idiots.

Unfortunately not. The files held by credit reference agencies only include information on credit you've taken out. If you've always avoided debt, then lenders have very little information on your ability to reliably repay it. You might be very prudent, or you might have avoided debt because you're bad with money know that you'd get into trouble. Small, occasional borrowing that is reliably repaid proves that you can be trusted with a bigger loan. Your energy and phone bills do go on your credit file, but it's useful to have some other borrowing history to give lenders more information.

Besides that, if you're good at managing money you can substantially benefit by using rewards credit cards for your spending - you'll get cashback or vouchers for free, just for buying what you would normally buy.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score/

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-credit-card-rewards/

whiteline

EYrl1kMXgAIfpN1.jpg
897428974289742
>> No. 89742 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 7:27 am
/pol/89742 spacer
Is he going to fuck it up even more than Hillary?
24 posts and 2 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 89769 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 10:52 am
89769 spacer
>>89767
I knew someone would post this eventually.
>> No. 89770 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 11:00 am
89770 spacer
>>89763

Well... Not quite. They still have their Old Money types, and if you're not part of that OG Colonial Crackas club you'll never be in it, even if you're the President of the United States. This is a large part of the reason the US establishment has vilified Trump, he's not part of that old reptilian aristocracy, even if he's filthy fucking rich. There's a reason Tiger Woods was fair game for wholesale press slander, and it's the same reason premiership footballers and celebrities over here are. Filthy rich, but still working class.

Even so, money still makes enough of a difference to make almost any and all racially, sexually or gender based discrimination complaint utterly irrelevant. I'm reminded of the thing we have over here where West Ham fans chuck bananas at black players. I heard one of those players speaking at an interview and he said, with a degree of frankness the interviewers weren't expecting, that it's hard to let insults like that get under his skin when he earns more in a week than many of those people do in their lives.

Money changes the balance of power. If I'm a middle class white guy, and I called the black CEO of an oil company a monkey, the balance of power is squarely in his favour because he is so rich. Calling him a monkey is no longer punching down like it would be if I called a street youf from East London the same thing.

>>89766

That's what I already alluded to in mentioning the strong streak of traditional conservatism amongst US black and British Asian demographics. They certainly have their reasons- With black folks it's because they desire the most freedom possible and least inSURFerence from white men in government. In British Asians it's because they want the freedom to lock their women in cupboards or exploit the workers in their carpet emporium.

But the case is still pretty strong that being conservative when you're poor is in fact a sign you're thick.
>> No. 89771 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 11:34 am
89771 spacer
>>89770

>inSURFerence

Never change, .gs.
>> No. 89772 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 2:07 pm
89772 spacer
>>89771

I think Brian could do with learning about RegEx \bword\b boundaries, though.
>> No. 89841 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 12:27 pm
89841 spacer
>>89762
>It's also possible to be very, very rich at the same time as being gay or black. Possibly even both.
Yes, and the Democratic party exists to represent the interests of very, very rich social liberals/minorities, while the Republican party exists to represent the interests of very, very rich social conservatives/WASPs.

whiteline

bird.png
437212437212437212
>> No. 437212 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 4:37 am
/b/437212 spacer
It's that time of day again.
Expand all images.
>> No. 437213 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 7:48 am
437213 spacer
>>437212
I've been getting up a lot earlier since lockdown. Can't quite figure out how not having to get up makes it easier to get up.

Have made friends with the birds, even at the early hour. I can hear them so clearly at the moment, with the lack of background car, road and plane use - the blackbirds in my garden sing loudly early every morning. They have such a rich and complex song.

The birds singing are one of the bits of lockdown I will remember for a long time.
>> No. 437214 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 10:50 am
437214 spacer
>>437213

Have you tried taking a bass out in the garden and jamming with them? I'm not even joking, I used to do trade off guitar solos with my exes budgie.

Birds are much cleverer cunts than we give them credit for I reckon.
>> No. 437216 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 3:00 pm
437216 spacer
>>437212
>4:37

Lucky git, I've an awful new white LED lamppost right outside my flat and the household bird pipes up at half 3. Way before the rest of the street, I hate that bastard.
>> No. 437240 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 10:56 am
437240 spacer
I love birds and all the sounds they make.
>> No. 437241 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 11:00 am
437241 spacer
>>437213
>the blackbirds in my garden sing loudly early every morning.

I read somewhere that the birds are actually singing quieter during lockdown because they're no longer having to compete with the likes of traffic and aeroplanes, which also means we can hear them more clearly.

whiteline

$_86.jpg
353335333533
>> No. 3533 Anonymous
6th April 2020
Monday 3:29 pm
/map/3533 Moving
Lads, I'm without a job. Being a developerlad, I'm not too worried about finding another one, but I might have to move, and I don't know where I should go.

I'm thinking of London or Manchester. There's more to do in London, and I think there'd be more to do in London, but I'd be a bit better off money wise in Manchester. I don't know how easy it is to meet new people in either of them.

Have any of you lived in both? Could you tell me what it's like to live in them?

Are there any good cities I'm overlooking?
16 posts omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 3550 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 10:43 pm
3550 spacer
>>3549

Not Op, but in a similar problem.

I'm from a shit northern town, looking to escape the shit northern life, so I've got myself a job in zone 1 and shouldn't be hurting for money.

Only issue is that I'm moving down in september with the bird, and finding property available then is a nightmare. Is there something about the london market that makes lettings so immediate? Can any of you lads help?
>> No. 3551 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 7:37 am
3551 spacer
Anon just to add some balance.

I'm from Manchester and moved to London for work (though ironically back in Manchester for a while because of Corona) and living in London changed my feelings about the UK. Sure, you can probably find close to, or most things, that you want in Manchester but London is a completely different ball game. It's expensive to live there because the good jobs are there in abundance and it's a place worth living in. I'm never bored on the weekends, there's always something going on or something to do. In normal times you're a tube ride away from the airport to go on a weekend break somewhere or further afield, the networking is great and there's always weird quirky shit you can do, go to Viktor Wynd's Museum then stroll round Hyde Park on the way home - what a nice Sunday.

There are of course downsides, mainly the standard of living and the cost of it, but to me it makes it worth it, but I'm not over 30 and looking to settle down so that might change things significantly.

Compared to living in Manchester as well it blew my mind how little rain London gets. It might be grey, but that constant unending drizzle doesn't seem to exist in the same way as it does in Manchester and makes me significantly less depressed. London has it's rough areas, but it has also been gentrified (and don't shoot me Corbyn-lads, but I don't think improving areas is a bad thing, we can't stay stagnant for fear of some people being left behind because they like their shitholes shit.) so there are a lot of nice places everywhere. In Manchester you kind of have the city centre bit then outside of it is really just scarred post-industrial towns and villages like Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Bury. None of them are bad places, but none of them will make you look back on your deathbed and feel like you've been living. Again, London has their grim areas, but they still feel significantly less shite than up north.

Finally if you're looking for a partner, London seems to have great choice, there are lots of ambitious, young, driven people from all over the world all crammed into one crazy city with money to spend. What's not to like about that?

My vote goes to London. I could never contemplate living somewhere like Manchester permanently again.

>>3550
I don't know how Corona has impacted it but London lettings move fast, you have to just go with your gut I've found. There's too many people, too much competition and you don't have the days to ponder it like you do elsewhere. It's a bit of a risk but if you sign six months you can always look to be moving out.
>> No. 3552 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 7:40 am
3552 spacer
>>3551
>go to Viktor Wynd's Museum
I fingered a girl's bum in there. The bar staff gave us funny looks when we left as there's obviously CCTV. She bought me a turkish dinner after.
>> No. 3553 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 7:41 am
3553 spacer
>>3552
A truly great place.
>> No. 3554 Anonymous
25th May 2020
Monday 8:03 am
3554 spacer
I am in general happier and more financially secure living up north, but every time I go to London I wish I lived there again. It really is just a lot more interesting. But up here I have a reasonably large house with a private road leading to it and some gardens and land - I could not hope to afford much more than a shoebox in streatham for the same sort of money, and as my main hobby is car fiddling which requires space, I have made my choice to settle up here.

If my career goes the way I intend, I will probably end up back down there in some suburb.

whiteline

O7QhHFg.gif
655336553365533
>> No. 65533 Searchfag
24th May 2020
Sunday 8:34 pm
/iq/65533 spacer
The more frequently I masturbate, the shorter I last during sex.

The more frequently I have sex, the longer I last during sex.

Explain please.
Expand all images.
>> No. 65534 Crabkiller
24th May 2020
Sunday 8:35 pm
65534 spacer
Conditioning

whiteline

Copy of 124394703452.jpg
954495449544
>> No. 9544 Anonymous
26th June 2013
Wednesday 10:29 pm
/nom/9544 Recipes only, no comments. Stickied

153 posts and 27 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 13292 Anonymous
21st April 2020
Tuesday 11:20 am
13292 spacer

hqdefault.jpg
132921329213292
>>13291
>> No. 13296 Anonymous
25th April 2020
Saturday 9:12 am
13296 spacer
Spicy Savory and Sweet Mexican Corn Bowl (Elote)

1 Can of Corn
A couple scoops of Mayonnaise
Grated Cheese like Parmesan
Powdered Cayenne or Chili Pepper

Drain the water from the can, heat corn in microwave bowl, add scoops of mayonnaise and mix to where the corn is lightly-moderately saturated in it. Make sure there's very little to no water in the bowl before hand. Add grated parmesan and mix so there's enough to see throughout. Add light to moderate amount of Cayenne Pepper. You may want to just sprinkle it on top or mix it in.

An alternative to a can of corn is to buy corn cobs and cut the corn off the cob with a knife.
>> No. 13304 Anonymous
25th April 2020
Saturday 10:44 pm
13304 Two course all potato meal
Works best with small to mid-size potatoes, cooking times may vary depending on what kind of potatoes you have.

Requires:
- Potatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Vinegar

Pre-heat your oven to around 180-200C.

Take some potatoes, wash them and then peel them using a knife by shaving off strips roughly 2-5 mm thick. Try and keep the strips relatively even.

Put the kettle on.

Rinse the potato peels to get rid of excess starch, pat them dry, put them in a dry bowl and with salt and pepper. You can add any other dry spice you want. Add a good dollop of cooking oil, then mix some more until the skins are reasonably evenly coated. It's better to use a bit too much oil than a bit too little. Spread them on a baking tray lined with tin foil (without overlapping if possible) then stick them in the oven. While they cook, roughly dice the peeled potatoes and put them in a pot with the boiled water from the kettle and 3-4 table spoons of vinegar. They need to boil for ~20 minutes, the vinegar prevents the potato from falling apart during boiling.
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
>> No. 13322 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 2:07 pm
13322 spacer
I've been making tea in the saucepan lately and I find it tastes better, kind of softer.

Here's my method:

Put the cold water and teabag into the saucepan
Put on a high heat
When it's come up to boil it's done
Pour into a cup and add milk and sugar to taste

whiteline

91499869_208128530631703_7305829745197842432_o.jpg
652456524565245
>> No. 65245 Billbob
6th April 2020
Monday 11:57 pm
/iq/65245 spacer
How is a wax melt attuned to an archangel?
3 posts omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 65249 Searchfag
7th April 2020
Tuesday 12:32 pm
65249 spacer
>>65245
A better question would be how well does this stuff improve the skin of your bellend.
>> No. 65250 Moralfag
7th April 2020
Tuesday 12:35 pm
65250 spacer
>>65249 Oh gawd, what's selfmutilationlad up to during lockdown? Probably just got a little stump left...
>> No. 65252 Samefag
8th April 2020
Wednesday 3:51 pm
65252 spacer
>>65246
Nah metatrons were the small bionicles
>> No. 65526 YubYub
23rd May 2020
Saturday 10:28 pm
65526 spacer

99297668_160060755526227_4971168059478769664_n.jpg
655266552665526
How is the new moon energy treating you lads?
>> No. 65532 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 1:33 pm
65532 spacer

AVsilverpic72.jpg
655326553265532
Just remember to cool your candles with energised water only to avoid throwing them off balance.

whiteline

0_GLP_SAH_RS171207_19JPG.jpg
436938436938436938
>> No. 436938 Anonymous
14th May 2020
Thursday 7:11 pm
/b/436938 spacer
I think shopping at Lidl and Aldi is the ultimate intelligence test.

Anyone who uses the packing station behind the checkouts has instantly lost.
49 posts and 6 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 437225 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 8:18 am
437225 spacer
>>437223
Asda do them as well, but they'll be aimed squarely at those using scan and go.
>> No. 437228 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 11:51 am
437228 spacer
>>437222

KFC. When you're too working class for Nando's.
>> No. 437229 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 1:02 pm
437229 spacer
>>437228

They're completely different foods, I don't think that categorisation is accurate.
>> No. 437230 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 1:24 pm
437230 spacer
>>437228

I don't think that's actually a put down on KFC. Nandos is just fast food with extra steps, for people who want to pretend they're fancy restaurant eating types but aren't adventurous enough for somewhere like Wagamama.
>> No. 437231 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 1:33 pm
437231 spacer
>>437230
They really need to construct the Nando's trough >>/nom/9514.

whiteline

pet-shop-boys.jpg
870787078707
>> No. 8707 Anonymous
27th October 2014
Monday 6:03 pm
/beat/8707 Cover songs
The Pet Shop Boys' Always On My Mind has been voted the top cover version of all time in a BBC Music vote.

The song, written by John Christopher, Mark James and Wayne Carson, was first made famous by Brenda Lee and Elvis Presley in 1972.

Johnny Cash's cover of Nine Inch Nails' Hurt came in second place, followed by The Stranglers' version of Dionne Warwick's Walk On By. Jimi Hendrix's take on Bob Dylan's All Along The Watchtower came fourth. Jeff Buckley's cover of Leonard Cohen's classic Hallelujah completed the top five.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29791820

Not keen on that version of Walk On By but I like the rest. I reckon I'd have to have a good think about my favourite covers and I'm sure I'd still forget some.
145 posts and 2 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 12359 Anonymous
27th April 2020
Monday 9:39 pm
12359 spacer
>>12358
I don't know Puddle of Mud but I think .. I think it might be.
>> No. 12360 Anonymous
28th April 2020
Tuesday 1:04 am
12360 spacer
>>12358
People made fun of me as a kid because I bit my lower lip when I drummed and I got self-consious and stopped, one of my biggest regrets, easily. This video confirms how far self-confidence can take you and it hurts.
>> No. 12361 Anonymous
28th April 2020
Tuesday 1:08 am
12361 spacer
>>12358

I listened to them when I was about 12 or 13, it has genuinely never occurred to me that they'd still be going. Next you'll tell me Papa Roach has a cult following in Latin America or something.

But yeah I think it's serious. I would suggest he's probably on summat though.
>> No. 12362 Anonymous
28th April 2020
Tuesday 2:48 am
12362 spacer
>>12361

>Papa Roach has a cult following in Latin America or something

They're still massive in Germany.


>> No. 12388 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 1:25 pm
12388 spacer
Probably the highlight of the last series of Black Mirror, which I realise is damning it with faint praise.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvLceBjnG3w

whiteline

Purple Aki.png
654166541665416
>> No. 65416 Samefag
20th May 2020
Wednesday 12:06 am
/iq/65416 Purple Aki
According to the sentry we have a Birkenhead lad here, can you enlighten us on the truth about purple Aki? Is Akinwale Arobieke the one true Aki or are there others? Have you ever seen him?
13 posts and 1 image omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 65522 Billbob
23rd May 2020
Saturday 5:07 pm
65522 spacer
>>65511

The archives have been a bit of a reminder that there used to be a lot more shitposting and a lot less "serious discussions in /pol/" around here 8-10 years ago.

I think at some point we all sobered up and now you can't go a thread without some cunt mentioning socialism or the "fucking tories" or what have you.
>> No. 65523 Paedofag
23rd May 2020
Saturday 5:34 pm
65523 spacer
>>65522
I think it's more that people just got fed up of lengthy bans for making clearly tongue in cheek comments.
>> No. 65524 Searchfag
23rd May 2020
Saturday 5:58 pm
65524 spacer
>>65523I think purps has loosened up a bit now, you can say words like darkie or poof which would have got you banhammered in the olden days.

(A good day to you Sir!)
>> No. 65525 R4GE
23rd May 2020
Saturday 8:05 pm
65525 spacer
>>65497

I mean plenty of good things have happened for me personally in those twelve years. i've had literally all the sex i've ever had in my life within that timespan, for example.

but as far as the world around us is concerned it's felt like a slow and constant descent into insanity. maybe i'm just a cynical cunt but I really can't think of one thing that's changed in a positive way since 2008.

the rise of e-cigs instead of fags maybe? that's how far i have to stretch.
>> No. 65531 Are Moaty
24th May 2020
Sunday 11:49 am
65531 spacer
>>65524
Certainly seems to >>/iq/65507

whiteline

Children’s-Hair-1.jpg
654116541165411
>> No. 65411 Are Moaty
19th May 2020
Tuesday 11:16 pm
/iq/65411 spacer
Letting a boy have long hair is tantamount to child abuse.

By all means let them make the decision to grow it out when they're a teenager but a primary school age boy with long hair just looks like a girl and it always ends up unkempt and greasy because it isn't maintained properly.

It always seems to be poggy people who let their boy have long hair too.
25 posts and 1 image omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 65521 YubYub
23rd May 2020
Saturday 5:02 pm
65521 spacer
>>65507
Lad have a word with yourself
>> No. 65527 Moralfag
23rd May 2020
Saturday 10:29 pm
65527 spacer
>>65521
Which word in particular?
>> No. 65528 YubYub
23rd May 2020
Saturday 10:38 pm
65528 spacer
>>65527
Quim?
>> No. 65529 Samefag
23rd May 2020
Saturday 10:39 pm
65529 spacer
>>65527

tit
>> No. 65530 Moralfag
24th May 2020
Sunday 3:17 am
65530 spacer
>>65527

pleat.

whiteline

>> No. 11742 Anonymous
3rd May 2019
Friday 6:12 pm
/beat/11742 What you feeling right now? Part V: Bach it up
Time for a new thread.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebjXsc0UjdQ
295 posts and 4 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 12383 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 6:59 pm
12383 spacer

>> No. 12384 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 10:05 pm
12384 spacer
>>12382
Sorry but I'm not boring or inauthentic enough to enjoy progressive house. Have a go on a middle aged man playing 90s breakbeat who forgot to move his wank-roll.

>> No. 12385 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 10:07 pm
12385 spacer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJQmBecHipU
>> No. 12386 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 10:41 pm
12386 spacer
>>12384
Okay, I'll be over here boringly and inauthentically not basing my identity on what youtube videos I watch.
>> No. 12387 Anonymous
24th May 2020
Sunday 3:16 am
12387 spacer
>>12384

DJ DAD ON THE ONES AND TWOS, LIVE AND DIRECT FROM THE SPARE ROOM, KEEPING IT LOCKED UNTIL THE KIDS NEED PICKING UP. HOLD TIGHT COLIN FROM ACCOUNTS, HOLD TIGHT THE DOG AND DUCK MANDEM, SHOUT OUT TO SANDRA FOR MAKING ME A LOVELY SHEPHERDS PIE LAST NIGHT.

It melts my brain a bit that the Ragga Twins are old men with grey hair and reading glasses. They've been going for thirty-odd years, but it feels like yesterday.



whiteline

bernie-sanders-11211.jpg
891438914389143
>> No. 89143 Anonymous
25th February 2020
Tuesday 2:04 am
/pol/89143 spacer
This man is going to be the next President of the United States, and it's going to be fucking awesome.
171 posts and 15 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 89738 Anonymous
21st May 2020
Thursday 7:52 am
89738 spacer
>>89737

Oh, for those halcyon days of being bored of Brexit instead of being bored of a global pandemic.

The transition agreement ends at the end of the year, the government say that they won't countenance an extension, but it's all fine. Everything is fine. Remain indoors.
>> No. 89739 Anonymous
21st May 2020
Thursday 9:48 am
89739 spacer
>>89736
I don't yearn for it, everything was bleak as fuck back then and there was looking like no end to the misery. At least the 'rona has shaken everything up. I'm bored of it myself by now, of course, but the future post pandemic is going to have some interesting times.

It's funny, it's a sentiment I've seen posted here before, and I've sometimes echoed myself. What we need is a good plague, clear out the cobwebs and shake up the order. Now we've got it, and it's been both worse than we'd ever have imagined and yet more disappointing.
>> No. 89740 Anonymous
21st May 2020
Thursday 10:09 am
89740 spacer
>>89736
Ah you bastard. Why did you have to remind me how close Bernie came to winning the nomination.
>> No. 89741 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 3:53 am
89741 spacer
Bored of Brexit now bored of flu hysteria...
>> No. 89751 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 2:33 pm
89751 spacer
>>89741
bored of cranking my hog

(A good day to you Sir!)

whiteline

stewartlee_idil_sukan-03-web[1].jpg
654456544565445
>> No. 65445 Samefag
21st May 2020
Thursday 10:14 am
/iq/65445 spacer
Stay alert! Lazy British working-class workers. Die at your posts for Dominic Raab. Die in your warehouses for Jacob Rees-Mogg. Die in your care homes for Dominic Cumming. Middle-class workers. Work safely from home at your laptops. Text each other photographs of your Ocado deliveries, and dream of Center Parcs and Forest Holidays.
30 posts and 2 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 65513 Anonymous
23rd May 2020
Saturday 10:37 am
65513 spacer
>>65512
>Lee’s publicist told Chortle he would not be commenting on the row, other than to accuse Spiked of "pathetic the shipping forecast'.

Hah. Nice.
>> No. 65514 Searchfag
23rd May 2020
Saturday 10:56 am
65514 spacer
>>65512
>playground-level dolphin rape
>being offended while claiming the maturity high ground

Pick one.
>> No. 65515 Moralfag
23rd May 2020
Saturday 12:26 pm
65515 spacer
I feel this is a watershed moment in the accusations of Anti-Semitisim. It must be apparent at this point that the word has evidently lost all meaning.

If everyone and everything is anti-Semitic than nothing is, the word losses all power. I don't think I will be able to take a public accusation of anti-Semitism seriously again, I can’t take it on good faith that they are. And even if I found proof someone was a genuine wrong'un I wouldn't be able to explain to others, because they would assume anti-Semite turned out to mean they insulted someone who happened to be Jewish once.
>> No. 65516 YubYub
23rd May 2020
Saturday 1:26 pm
65516 spacer
>>65515

It's been a wierd kind of establishmentarian dog-whistle for years now, and I think just about any sensible person knows there has been a certain amount of crying wolf in recent times.

I have to simply hope that before long, society at large will have learned to filter out the nonsense, in the same way nobody believes the Prince of Nigeria any more. Poor lad's been trying to shift that money for decades. Accusations of aquatic mammal molestation, Cancel culture and the twitter pitchfork mob will burn itself out.
>> No. 65517 Billbob
23rd May 2020
Saturday 1:39 pm
65517 spacer

queue.png
655176551765517
>>65516
It'll just be usurped by the next new thing.

whiteline

[0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9]